Benefits of DevOps
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a culture where full development team works together to complete software development and delivery to production. It is a practice that enables organizations to optimize speed and efficiency across IT functions.
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Development
DevOps practices comes with a range of benefits, some of which – including greater efficiency, security, and organizational collaboration.
- Better quality
- Continuous software delivery
- Less complexity to manage
- Faster resolution of problems
- Higher confidence in releases
- Happier, more productive teams
- Higher employee engagement
- Greater professional development opportunities
- Faster delivery of features
- More stable operating environments
- Improved communication and collaboration
- More time to innovate (rather than fix/maintain)
- Less wasted effort, reduced IT costs
- Better predictability
- More flexibility
Future with DevOps
A range of tech companies, including Amazon, Microsoft, and Google, have built DevOps teams and dedicated significant resources to building expertise in the space.
Gartner Research projected that the Cloud Services market will grow over 15% per year through 2020. To put this growth in terms of dollars, a recent article published by Forbes indicates that the cloud computing market will grow from roughly $260 billion in 2017 to roughly $411 billion in 2020. DevOps can make a huge difference in how quickly your company successfully migrates systems onto the cloud.