Razorops CI/CD with heroku apps
This post i will explain how to deploy rails app on heroku using Razorops CI/CD
Deploying to heroku was super easy as it happen with just a git push, with razorops you can add CI/CD support to your Heroku app.
For this guide you will need:
1) Heroku user account https://signup.heroku.com/
2) Create an App in side Heroku
3) Get your Heroku Token or (API Key form your account) https://dashboard.heroku.com/account
4) Get one Razorops account here https://dashboard.razorops.com
5) Connect your GIT provide account under integration: https://dashboard.razorops.com/integration
6) Create a Pipeline on dashboard
7) Edit your pipeline and add your heroku HEROKU_API_KEY and HEROKU_APP_NAME environment variables
Add a .razorops.yaml in your project’s root directory
variables: - BUNDLE_PATH=$(CI_WORKSPACE)/vendor/bundle tasks: restore-bundle: type: restore keys: - bundle-[[ checksum "Gemfile.lock" ]] - bundle-cache-[[ .RepoBranch ]] deploy-to-heroku: image: buildpack-deps:trusty commands: - git push https://heroku:[email protected]/$HEROKU_APP_NAME.git master workflow: - name: staging tasks: [deploy-to-heroku] when: branch == "staging"
Razorops will trigger pipeline if code is pushed to staging branch.
Razorops will deploy staging branch to heroku.
More details https://docs.razorops.com/languages/ruby.html